The American Sociological Association announces the 2020 slate of candidates for ASA Officers, Council, Committee on Committees, Committee on Nominations, and Committee on Publications. Ballots for the 2020 ASA election will be distributed to eligible members in April 2020. Voting will close on May 29, 2020.
Vote for 1; the elected person will be President-Elect in August 2020, President in August 2021, and Past-President in August 2022
- Michael Hout, New York University
- Cecilia Menjívar, University of California-Los Angeles
Vote for 1; the elected person will be Vice President-Elect in August 2020, Vice President in August 2021, and Past Vice-President in August 2022.
- Nina Bandelj, University of California - Irvine
- Amanda Lewis, University of Illinois at Chicago
Vote for 4; elected will serve from August 2020 to August 2023.
- Enobong (Anna) Branch, Rutgers University-New Brunswick
- Jessica Calarco, IndianaUniversity
- Charles Gallagher, La Salle University
- Gilda Ochoa, Pomona College
- Daisy Reyes, University of Connecticut
- Deana Rohlinger, Florida State University
- Van Tran, The Graduate Center, City University of New York
- Natasha Warikoo, Tufts University
Committee on Committees (Members-at-Large)
Vote for 2; elected will serve from June 2020 to December 2021.
- Anthony Hatch, Wesleyan University
- Neda Maghbouleh, University of Toronto
- Abigail Sewell, Emory University
- Jiannbin Shiao, University of Oregon
Committee on Committees (PhD Granting Institution)
Vote for 1; elected will serve from June 2020 to December 2021.
- Joanna Dreby, University at Albany, State University of New York
- Waverly Duck, University of Pittsburgh
Committee on Committees (Non-Teaching Institution)
Vote for 1; elected will serve June 2020 to December 2021.
- Steven Boutcher, Law and Society Association
- Jenny Irons, William T. Grant Foundation
Committee on Nominations
Vote for 5; elected will serve June 2020 to December 2021.
- Pamela Bennett, University of Maryland
- Rodney Coates, Miami University
- Cynthia Feliciano, Washington University in St. Louis
- Nilda Flores-Gonzalez, Arizona State University
- Fatma Müge Göçek, University of Michigan
- Elaine Hernandez, Indiana University
- Tiffany Joseph, Northeastern University
- Michael D. Kennedy, Brown University
- Jennifer Mueller, Skidmore College
- Allison Pugh, University of Virginia
Committee on Publications
Vote for 3; elected will serve from September 2020 to August 2023.
- Marlese Durr, Wright State University
- Gary Alan Fine, Northwestern University
- Damon Phillips, Columbia University
- Martin Ruef, Duke University
- Saher Selod, Simmons University
- Joel Stillerman, Grand Valley State University
For more information, visit www.asanet.org/election.
Membership must be active as of March 31, 2020 to receive a ballot. Associate members are eligible to vote only for their section elections. If you have any questions regarding the election, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.