ASA Membership Benefits
- Online access to the full archive of 10 ASA journals from inaugural to current issues.
- One print ASA journal subscription (except for Retired and International Associate members).
- ASA Job Bank access.
- Access to the TRAILS online database of peer-reviewed teaching resources.
- Free registration for professional development webinars.
- Access to the Videos and Webinars archive.
- Option to join ASA special interest sections.
- Student Forum membership (Student members).
- ASA Retirement Network (ASARN) membership (Retired members).
- Member News and Notes monthly e-newsletter.
- ASA Grant and Fellowship program opportunities.
- Access to ASA Publishing Options Database.
- Access to ASA's searchable Member and Department Directories.
- Eligibility to run for ASA elected office (voting members)
- Eligibility to vote in ASA elections (voting members); must join by March 31.
- Eligibility to apply for an ASA editorship and serve on an ASA journal editorial board.
- Discount on ASA Annual Meeting registration (free access to the 2020 Alternative Virtual Event).
- Discounts on ASA publications and merchandise in the ASA Bookstore.
- Discounts on publications from other publishers.
- Discounted access to JPASS, a collection of more than 1,500 journals in JSTOR.
- Affinity program discounts on insurance, car rentals, travel, and more.
Regular Members: $51-$385 (based on self-reported income)
|Regular Member Category||2020 Rate|
|(RU) Not employed||$51|
|(R1) Under $30,000||$82|
|(R9) $150,000 and over||$385|
Persons subscribing to the objectives of the Association. Regular Members receive one print journal subscription and online access to all ASA journals included in the membership fee. (Voting members)
Student Members: $52
Undergraduate or graduate students currently enrolled in accredited institutions may select this membership category for as long as their status as full-time student is in effect. Student Members receive one print journal subscription and online access to all ASA journals included in the membership fee. (Voting members)
Associate Members: $105
Persons subscribing to the objectives of the Association but desiring fewer membership benefits. Associate Members receive one print journal subscription and online access to all ASA journals included in the membership fee. This category of membership is not open to persons with full-time appointments in U.S. departments of sociology. (Non-voting members)
International Associate Members: $56
Persons in low-income countries subscribing to the objectives of the Association. (See list of eligible countries.) International Associate members receive online access to all ASA journals and the online TRAILS database of teaching resources as part of their membership. Eligible members for whom the US$56 dues rate would be a hardship may request a waiver of the member fee for one year. To request a waiver for 2020, send a brief needs-based request to email@example.com. (Non-voting members)
Retired Members: $52
Individuals retired from their primary place of employment and no longer receiving payment for sociological work on a salaried basis. Retired members receive online access to all ASA journals as part of their membership. (Voting members)
High School Teacher Members: $56
Secondary school teachers who subscribe to the objectives of the organization. High School Teacher Members receive one print journal subscription and online access to all ASA journals included in the membership fee. (Non-voting members)
Part-time Contingent Faculty - 2020 Discounted Membership: $56
For 2020, ASA has instituted a special discounted regular membership for sociologists who are working as part-time faculty on a contingent basis.