Why join the Section on Sociology of Population?
The Section provides many important services for members including:
- Maintaining and building a presence for population studies within the field of sociology,
- Organizing sessions at the ASA annual meetings in which we can present and listen to work in our own field,
- Providing a home for social demographers to communicate with each other,
- Publishing a newsletter specifically for social demographers, and
- Helping social demography graduate students connect up with more senior social demographers at other institutions.
How do I join the Section on Sociology of Population?
The Section on Sociology of Population currently has 470 members. If you have interests in the sociology of population, we'd like to invite you to join us.
- If you are already an American Sociological Association member, you can check the box for the Section on Sociology of Population when you renew your ASA membership. Section Dues are just $12 per year ($5.00 for student members).
- If you do not belong to the ASA, a prerequisite for section membership, we invite you to join both using an ASA Application Form. If you would like to speak with a membership team member, call 202-383-9005, ext. 389 Monday-Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM EST.
How can I learn more about the Section?
The section communicates in a number of ways. You can stay informed by:
- Joining the section to receive weekly emails about RFPs, conferences, publications, jobs, and much more...
- Following the section on twitter @asa_population
- Liking the section's Facebook Group Page
Copyright 2012-2019 ASA Section on Sociology of Population