Call for Submissions
The ASA online portal is closed to submissions.
Statement on Diversity
Much of the vitality of the ASA flows from its diverse membership. With this in mind, it is the policy of the ASA to include people of color, women, sociologists from small institutions or who work in government, business, and other applied settings, and international scholars in all of its programmatic activities and in the business of the Association. It is crucially important that organizers work to create panels that reflect these principles of diversity, equity and inclusion.
How to Submit
Review the How to Submit a Paper guide.
View the webinar on Getting Your Paper on the Program.
Submitters should prepare the following information and files prior to starting the online submission process. The submitter will receive an email acknowledgement upon successful submission.
- Identify where you wish your paper to be considered
- Paper Title (15 words or less)
- Description (250 words or less)
- Institutional affiliations and email addresses for all co-authors
- 15-35 page draft paper/working paper or extended abstract (3-5 pages) converted to a PDF file stored locally and ready for uploading. If necessary, special tables/charts in Excel or PowerPoint can be uploaded as separate files to accompany the paper
All submissions must be made via the online submission portal. The online forms will guide you through the steps required to submit your proposal. You will have one hour to complete your submission. The system will log you out after one hour of inactivity. Any unsaved work will be lost.
- Go to the online submission portal. Log in using your ASA account username and password.
- Under the Submitter Menu, select Submit or Edit a Proposal.
- Select Submit a New Paper Proposal.
- Select Open Refereed Roundtables.
Confirmation of Proposal Submission
All electronic proposal submissions will receive an email confirmation from email@example.com. Please save the confirmation email for future reference. If you do not immediately receive your confirmation email, please check your junk or spam folder. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive an email confirmation of your submission within 12 hours.
In March 2021, you will receive an acceptance or decline email for each proposal you submitted. If your submission was accepted by your second/third choice option, that indicates that your first choice session organizer declined to accept the submission.