Direct mailing, directly to your audience
Mailing lists available from the ASA include Association members by interest, member journal subscribers, and subscribed sections. The lists are continuously revised, assuring the highest degree of deliverability to a highly specialized audience.
Direct Mail Services
ASA mailing list postal addresses are obtained for one-time rental only. Mailing lists are updated continuously; thus, counts will vary slightly. Lists include current members and unrenewed members from the immediate prior membership year. Lists are provided in an electronic Excel file. The counts listed below were pulled from the ASA database on May 15, 2019, and exclude the approximately 19.15 percent of ASA members who have opted out of having their information included in mailing list rentals. ASA does not sell or rent email addresses.
- The mailing piece must be of professional interest to a broad segment of ASA members as sociologists.
- Each mailing must be submitted as a separate order (and is subject to minimum order pricing).
- A sample mailing piece must accompany each order; if final copy is not available, a reasonable facsimile is acceptable. ASA reserves the right to refuse orders for any of its lists.
- Faxed orders will be accepted pending receipt of a sample mailing piece. E-mail orders are accepted. For e-mail orders, sample mailing piece must be included as an attachment to the e-mail.
- Mailing lists are provided for one-time use only and may not be reproduced, stored, or saved for subsequent use.
- All sales are final.
- Mailing lists are $275 per thousand for electronic file. Minimum order is $275.
- No reduced rates will apply if fewer than the total number of names ordered are used.
- Computer counts are run with each order; charges for member/subscriber lists are based on these counts. Selection fees are charged for all orders other than the total list (e.g., state select, random selection, etc.). $50 for each selection on the order.
- ASA offers a 15% discount to recognized list brokers on member and subscriber lists only. Section and Area Interest lists are not eligible for a brokers’ discount.
- Note: ASA is not able to provide counts prior to running a mailing list order.
Five business are required to process orders. Electronic files are provided via Excel. Any request that requires turnaround in less than five business days is subject to a $50 fee for rush processing.
ASA maintains postal address mailing lists of its members that can be rented to send materials of genuine professional interest. This list does not include any personal data beyond postal address. Available mailing lists can identify members by interest, member journal subscribers, and subscribed sections. You may opt out of inclusion in the mailing list. ASA does not sell or rent email addresses.
|U.S. members only|
|U.S./Canada members only|
Journal/Newsletter Subscribers (individuals only)
|American Sociological Review|
|City & Community||582|
|Journal of Health and Social Behavior||982|
|Social Psychology Quarterly||471|
|Society and Mental Health||367|
|Sociology of Education||640|
|Sociology of Race and Ethnicity||899|
These specialized lists provide names and addresses of ASA members who belong to and participate in ASA Sections. Individuals on these lists represent those with a committed, dues-paying interest in each of these specialized sociological fields.
|1||Teaching and Learning||653|
|4||Crime, Law, and Deviance||589|
|5||Sociology of Education||707|
|7||Organizations, Occupation and Work||869|
|9||Sex and Gender||1090|
|10||Community and Urban Sociology||582|
|12||Peace, War, and Social Conflict||318|
|16||Sociology of Population||450|
|17||Political Economy of the World-System||332|
|18||Aging and the Life Course||558|
|19||Sociology of Mental Health||367|
|20||Collective Behavior/Social Movements||746|
|21||Racial and Ethnic Minorities||899|
|25||Sociology of Emotions||253|
|26||Sociology of Culture||954|
|27||Science, Knowledge and Technology||576|
|28||Communication and Information||347|
|30||Alcohol, Drugs and Tobacco||148|
|31||Children and Youth||369|
|32||Sociology of Law||403|
|33||Rationality and Society||118|
|34||Sociology of Religion||436|
|36||Race, Gender, and Class||1023|
|38||Sociology of Sexualities||521|
|39||History of Sociology||156|
|41||Labor and Labor Movements||386|
|42||Animals and Society||141|
|44||Evolution and Sociology||98|
|45||Disability and Society||192|
|47||Altruism and Social Solidarity||248|
|48||Body and Embodiment||292|
|49||Global and Transnational Sociology||704|
|50||Inequality, Poverty, and Mobility||872|
|51||Sociology of Development||470|
|52||Consumers and Consumption||266|
Area Interest Lists
These highly specialized lists provide names and addresses of ASA members by self-designated areas of sociological interest and expertise.
Application and Practice
|A1||Applied Sociology/Evaluation Research|
|A2||Communication and Information Technologies|
|A4||Social Welfare/Social Work|
|A6||Teaching and Learning in Sociology|
Comparative and Historical Approaches
Family, Life Course, and Society
|C2||Animals and Society|
|C3||Children and Youth|
Gender and Sexuality
|D1||Sex and Gender|
|D3||Body and Embodiment||238|
Inequalities and Stratification
|E3||Race, Class and Gender|
Medicine and Health
|F1||Alcohol and Drugs|
Place and Environment
Politics and Social Change
|H1||Collective Behavior/Social Movements||954|
|H4||Peace, War, World Conflict, and Conflict Resolution|
Population and Ecology
|I4||Evolution and Society||34|
Race and Ethnicity
|J4||Racial and Ethnic Relations|
Social Control, Law, Crime, and Deviance
|K3||Deviant Behavior/Social Disorganization|
|K4||Law and Society|
Social Psychology and Interaction
|L5||Altruism and Social Solidarity||165|
Sociology of Culture
|M4||Mass Communication/Public Opinion|
Theory, Knowledge, Science
|N1||History of Sociology|
|N4||Science and Technology|
Work, Economy and Organizations
|O2||Labor and Labor Movements|
|O4||Organizations, Formal and Complex|
|O6||Work and Labor Markets|
Additional Advertising Options: