Honors Program Fee
Once accepted, each student will be billed a $150 Honors Program fee. The billing for this fee will be sent with a letter of acceptance in March. Do not send any money with the application for the Honors Program.
This one-time Honors Program fee covers all of the following:
- Honors Program materials and membership costs
- ASA membership dues for one year*
- Subscription to one ASA journal of choice for one year
- Pre-registration for the ASA Annual Meeting
Payment of the Honors Program fee is due upon receipt of the acceptance letter and should be in the form of personal check, registered check, institutional check, or credit card and should be made out to ASA Honors Program.
*This fee will be reduced for applicants who have already paid ASA membership and/or Annual Meeting pre-registration. (Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.)
Terms of Acceptance
- Acceptance will be withdrawn automatically for any applicants who have not paid the $150 fee;
- Applicants who are accepted but who withdraw from the program prior to July 1 will be refunded $100 of the fee;
- Applicants who withdraw from the program after July 1 will forfeit 100% of the fee.
Transportation and Lodging
Students are responsible for their own transportation and lodging costs to participate in the Honors Program. For help in meeting the costs of transportation and lodging, we encourage students talk to their faculty sponsor, department chair, and/or dean of the college about funds available for student travel. Many colleges and universities provide some travel support for the professional development of exceptional students who are presenting papers, receiving special honors, or participating in directed scholarly activities. Students in the ASA Honors Program most certainly fit into this category.
Honors Program students will be responsible for making their own lodging arrangements. Information about a special Honors Program room block, including a roommate request option, will be available upon acceptance.
Get started now in your quest for travel support! You may wish to share pages from this site to provide information about the Honors Program for your college or university.