The Honors Program provides undergraduate sociology students a rich introduction to the professional life of the discipline. Once admitted, these exceptional students come together for four days and experience all facets of the ASA Annual Meeting. By participating, Honors Program students develop long-lasting networks with other sociologists while their sponsoring departments get to “showcase” their most outstanding majors.
At the 2019 ASA Annual Meeting in Philadelphia, Honors Program students will:
- Present in an Honors roundtable paper session and participate in Honors workshops on careers and graduate school;
- Take part in regular sessions and special events including the Welcoming Party and Presidential Address;
- Learn more about the ASA’s programs, resources, sections, elected leadership, and governance arms; and
- Meet and converse with sociologists representing both master’s and doctoral programs in the discipline
Participation in the Honors Program requires nomination by a sociology faculty member at your college or university. Your completed application, including the faculty recommendation letter, should be submitted online by February 15. For more information or to ask any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like us on Facebook!
- Honors Program Application will be available December 15.