Printer Friendly Version Of
American Sociological Association: Department hires by rank, gender, and tenure status, AY 2000/01 and AY 2006/07
Click here to view this table in PDF format.
Fewer departments reported hiring at least one full-time faculty member in AY 2006/07 compared to AY 2000/01. While the majority of full-time faculty hires were male in AY 2000/01, more than half were female in AY 2006/07. Within rank, a majority of hiring in AY 2006/07 was done at the level of assistant professor. About 80 % of these full-time hires were either tenure or tenure-track positions, a 12% increase since AY 2000/01.
- Institutional Characteristics of Programs Offering Baccalaureate Degrees in Sociology, AY 2000/2001
- Types of Concentrations Offered in Sociology Programs, AY 2000/01 and 2006/07
- Characteristics of Master's Programs in Sociology, 2009
- Percent of Stand-Alone Sociology Departments and by Type of Institution, AY 2000/01 and 2006/07
- Percentage of Undergraduate Programs With Theory, Methods, and Statistics Requirements, AY 2000/01 and AY 2006/07