2015 Annual Meeting
ASA Housing Services Now Open
- ASA Housing Services are now open. Book your hotel guestroom today! The 110th ASA Annual Meeting will be held in Chicago at the Hilton Chicago and the Palmer House Hilton hotels. The hotel facilities will host all ASA program sessions. ASA meeting registration and satellite office, book exhibits, Employment Service, ASA bookstore, and all plenary sessions will be located at the Hilton Chicago. Blocks of sleeping rooms for ASA meeting attendees have been arranged at both hotels. ASA Housing closes for reservations on August 3. Calculate your estimated expense for attending the meeting.
- Space for Other Groups and Member-Sponsored Meetings. February 26, 2015, is the deadline for requesting evening space during the 2015 Annual Meeting for activities sponsored by members and/or organizations of interest to sociologists. More information.
Contemporary Sociology Invites New Reviewers, Books for Review
- ASA's journal of reviews, Contemporary Sociology, reviews over 400 books each year and is always on the lookout for qualified reviewers. If you hold a doctorate and are interested in reviewing, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org describing your areas of expertise along with a current CV.
- A reminder for recent authors: Encourage your publisher to submit your book to Contemporary Sociology for review. The journal will only consider books received directly from publishers. Books should be sent to: Michael Sauder, Department of Sociology, 140 Seashore Hall West, Iowa City, IA 52242.
2013 ASA Annual Report Now Available
- The 2013 ASA Annual Report provides comprehensive information about the work and organizational well-being of the Association. The Annual Reports for 2010-2013 are available for download on the ASA website; all Annual Reports are also available at no charge through through iTunes in the iBookstore.
New ASA Research Brief
Early Employment Experiences of BA Grads
- What types of jobs, career advancements, and satisfaction are experienced by sociology graduates from the class of 2012? Read the new brief.
For Members Only
Accessing Your Online Journals
- In 2015, ASA membership includes online access to all ASA journals (excluding section journals, which require section membership). If you are a current ASA member, log in to the Member Portal using your user name and password. Under ASA journals, click "Access your online journals." This will open a set of links to all ASA journals, plus any journals published by sections to which you belong. Each link provides online access from the current publisher without an additional log in or account setup. Step-by-step instructions.
- E-mail alerts. If you want to receive e-mail alerts whenever an ASA or other SAGE journal is available online, register or sign in here. (Note that this is a service offered by SAGE and is not related to your journal subscriptions or online journal access.)
Advancement of Innovative Teaching
- If you have developed and assessed an innovative teaching strategy, or wish to share a perspective on the state of teaching within the discipline, consider submitting your approach/viewpoint to Teaching Sociology. Prospective authors who wish to discuss formative projects are encouraged to contact the editor, Stephen Sweet. E-mail email@example.com or call (607) 274-3910 for supportive advice.
Hot Off the Press: Journal Highlights
Visit the journals homepage for centralized information on all ASA journals, including how to subscribe or purchase a single article, submit a manuscript, or view recently featured articles.
Stay Connected to ASA