Join Us in Seattle for the 111th ASA Annual Meeting!
- The ASA office in Washington, DC, will be closed August 18-August 29 while all staff attend the 2016 Annual Meeting in Seattle. The ASA office will reopen on August 30. If you are attending the meeting, here are a few last minute announcements.
- Registration services for the Annual Meeting will open onsite at 1:30 p.m. on Friday, August 19; the location is the Atrium Lobby on the fourth floor at the Washington State Convention Center. Anyone who did not preregister for the Annual Meeting by the July 13 deadline may register onsite. View onsite fees and other details.
- Preregistered attendee access to online program schedule and Annual Meeting App. Preregistered meeting attendees may view meeting room locations of all events. If you are registered for the meeting log in here with your ASA user name and password for information and the custom password for downloading the App.
- For assistance at the meeting, stop by the Meetings and Information Desk located in the Atrium Lobby on the fourth floor at the Washington State Convention Center. During the Annual Meeting, Meeting Services staff are reachable by e-mail (email@example.com) or call the ASA 2016 Meeting Information Desk at (206) 219-4508. The desk and phone number will be active August 19-23.
Socio-Cultural Facts about Seattle’s Immigrant and Refugee History
New in the Speak4Sociology Blog
New from the ASA Research Department
Two New Research Briefs Available Online
Frequently Asked Questions about Managing the ASA Operating Budget
- ASA Secretary Mary Romero shares with ASA members answers to questions that are frequently asked by newly elected members of Council about how the annual ASA Operating Budget is developed and what Council's role is in approving and monitoring the Association's budget during the year.
ASA Joins Other Associations in Statement on Turkey's Attacks on Academic Freedom
2015 ASA Annual Report Now Available
- The 2015 ASA Annual Report provides comprehensive information about the work and organizational well-being of the Association for the calendar year 2015. A limited number of printed reports are available at the 2016 Annual Meeting in Seattle. To pick one up, drop by the ASA Bookstore in the Exhibit Hall or the Membership desk in the 4th floor Atrium. Annual Reports for 2010-2015 may be downloaded from the ASA website.
Hot Off the Press: Journal Highlights
- Richard Carpiano and Brian Kelly to Lead the Journal of Health and Social Behavior
- Money, Work, and Marital Stability: Assessing Change in the Gendered Determinants of Divorce by Alexandra Killewald (American Sociological Review, August 2016)
- Union Decline in a Neoliberal Age: Globalization, Financialization, European Integration, and Union Density in 18 Affluent Democracies by Todd E. Vachon, Michael Wallace, and Allen Hyde (Socius, July 29, 2016)
Visit the journals homepage for centralized information on all ASA journals, including how to subscribe or purchase a single article, submit a manuscript, or view recently featured articles.
Stay Connected to ASA