MAJOR UPDATES NEEDED
How to Access Your ASA Online Journals: A Step-by-step Guide
ASA members receive online access to all journals (excluding section journals, which require section membership) at no additional charge. Members can access ASA journals online through the regular member portal. This includes access to the full available archive of issues of ASA journals from ASA's publishing partners. Follow the steps below to take advantage of this member benefit and access this wealth of scholarly content today.
1. Log in at www.asanet.org using your ASA ID and password.
2. Once logged in to the member portal, click on "Access your online journals" in the menu on the left (under ASA Journals).
3. A new window will open with clickable (hypertext) titles for each journal to which you have access, including journals published by any sections you have joined. Click on a journal title to browse the full-text version of that journal.
4. You can access the current issue, or click on "All Issues" to navigate to a specific issue in the archive.
5. Articles (and other content) are available in a variety of formats, including .html, .pdf. There are also quick links to the abstract, reprint permissions, citation marking, RSS feeds, and e-mail alerts.
As long as you are browsing journals published for ASA by a single publisher, you do not have to return to the list of journals for access. However, if you wish to switch to another publisher's platform, you will need to "toggle" back to the member portal menu to open a new list of journals.
In 2015, ASA's publishing partners, and the journals they print and distribute to members, are:
- American Sociological Review
- Contemporary Sociology
- Journal of Health and Social Behavior
- Social Psychology Quarterly
- Society and Mental Health (Mental Health Section)
- Sociological Methodology
- Sociological Theory
- Sociology of Race an Ethnicity (Racial and Ethnic Minorities Section)
- Sociology of Education
- Teaching Sociology
- City & Community (Community and Urban Sociology Section)
If you need additional information on how to subscribe or to access your journals, e-mail email@example.com.