For Members Only . . .
The ASA website is officially open for 2010 membership enrollments and renewals. Visit www.asanet.org for the latest information regarding member benefits and membership fees. Members may register for the 2010 annual meeting during the online renewal or enrollment process.
- ASA Express Renewal. ASA introduces a new feature that simplifies online member renewals for the 2010 calendar year. If the contact information and the membership selections remain the same, you may advance to the payment page to complete the 2010 renewal. This convenience only involves two page clicks. Individuals with lapsed memberships before 2009 will have to use the regular online renewal system.
- A "Greener" Footnotes in 2010. In response to an increasing number of members who have elected not to receive a printed copy of Footnotes, and as recommended by the ASA Joint Committee on Electronic Publishing, Footnotes will no longer be automatically mailed to ASA members. Instead, beginning with the January 2010 issue, an enhanced online version will be posted at footnotes.asanet.org. It will include the full contents of each issue in a printable pdf file as well as links for discussion and e-mail sharing. All members will receive an e-mail when each new issue is posted. Members with limited reliable online access may, however, "opt in" to receive a copy by mail.
- Membership ID Cards can now be printed out as part of the renewal process (or at any time during the year from the online member menu once you log in). The online ID cards are fully customized with member name, ASA ID, and online password. Members may access a copy of the ASA Code of Ethics online by going to the Members page on the ASA homepage.
- New and Member Benefits. Through March 31, 2010, all ASA members will have free access to Sociology Compass, an e-only journal published by Wiley-Blackwell. Unique in both range and approach, Sociology Compass publishes peer-reviewed surveys of the most important research and current thinking from across the entire discipline. Log in to the member menu for access (under "Benefits").
- ASA members receive a 20% discount on Sage books. Use promotion code S09ASA when ordering online (www.sagepub.com) or by calling (800) 818-7243.
- ASA members receive a 20% discount on sociology titles published by the University of California Press. Visit www.ucpress.edu/books/subject/sociology.php and use source code 10W9688 at checkout.
For complete information on these and other ASA member benefits, visit www.asanet.org/benefits.
Membership in ASA benefits you!