Why join the Section on Sociology of Population?
The Section provides many important services for members including:
- Maintaining and building a presence for population studies within the field of sociology,
- Organizing sessions at the ASA annual meetings in which we can present and listen to work in our own field,
- Providing a home for social demographers to communicate with each other,
- Publishing a newsletter specifically for social demographers, and
- Helping social demography graduate students connect up with more senior social demographers at other institutions.
How do I join the Section on Sociology of Population?
The Section on Sociology of Population currently has 470 members. If you h ave interests in the sociology of population, we'd like to invite you to join us.
- If you are already an American Sociological Association member, you can check the box for the Section on Sociology of Population when you renew your ASA membership. Section Dues are just $12 per year ($5.00 for student members).
- If you do not belong to the ASA, a prerequisite for section membership, we invite you to join both using an ASA Application Form. If you would like to speak with a membership team member, call 202-383-9005, ext. 389 Monday-Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM EST.
How can I learn more about the Section?
The section communicates in a number of ways. You can stay informed by:
- Joining the section to receive weekly emails about RFPs, conferences, publications, jobs, and much more...
- Following the section on twitter @asa_population
- Liking the section's Facebook Group Page
Copyright 2012-2017 ASA Section on Sociology of Population | Section Webmaster