All submissions for the 2018 program must be made via the online submission system. The online forms will guide you through the steps required to submit your proposal.
1. Log in with your ASA username and password on the ASA member portal
2. Under the header "Annual Meeting," click on the link "2018 Submissions"
Workshops will be scheduled throughout the Annual Meeting.
There are four types of workshops:
- Department Leadership and Management Workshops
- Professional Development Workshops
- Research and Policy Workshops
- Teaching Workshops
Topics and content should reflect the training sociologists seek (or need). This is a training experience, and thus a description of specific learning goals/objectives for the course and the material you will cover is required. Course leaders and instructors must be listed in the proposal and confirmed prior to submission and be included. ASA recommends a mixture of active learning, small groups, exercises, as well as lecture styles.
When making your submission, the following will be required:
- Abstract – Include the description of specific learning goals/objectives for the course and the material you will cover.
- Additional Information – Please indicate if you require AV equipment other than the standard LCD projector.
- Please provide an outline for your workshop as an attached document.
- Session Participants – Please indicate session organizer, leader, co-leader, presenters, etc. All participants must be confirmed before submission.
Workshops are 1 hour and 40 minutes in duration. Workshop attendance is open to all annual meeting registrants. There is no fee to attend a workshop.
If you wish to use additional AV equipment (beyond a standard LCD projector), that request should be noted when you submit your proposal. We want workshops to be a high-quality learning experience, however charges for AV can be expensive so please limit your request to essential equipment. A request is not a guarantee that the equipment will be made available.
Please review the ASA policies here.
If you have any questions about submitting a workshop proposal, please contact ASA Meeting Services.