All submissions for the 2018 program must be made via the online submission system. The online forms will guide you through the steps required to submit your proposal.
1. Log in with your ASA username and password on the ASA member portal
2. Under the header "Annual Meeting," click on the link "2018 Submissions"
Preconferences will be held on August 10, 2018, the day before the first full day of sessions at the Annual Meeting.
Preconferences provide an opportunity for disciplinary peers to gather for an extended period to discuss their work regarding a particular field of study, theory, perspective, question, controversy, or professional context.
Preconferences differ from regular annual meeting sessions in that the format allows for an in-depth exploration of a topic that would not be possible in a 100-minute session. They differ from courses in that they are not conducted by leader/experts for a less experienced or knowledgeable audience, and they are not intended to be training experiences with specific learning objectives (see Course Call for Submissions).
When developing your preconference submission, please include the following information:
- Abstract – Include a description of the topic and goals for the preconference, including a rationale for the acceptance of the proposal in general as well as specifically considering the Annual Meeting theme.
- Logistical Support – Please indicate if you require AV equipment other than the standard LCD projector.
- Please provide a preliminary agenda for your preconference as an attached document.
- Organizers/Presenters – Please indicate session organizer, co-organizers, presenters, etc. All organizers/presenters must be confirmed before submission.
Attendees must register and pay a fee to attend. There must be a minimum of 10 registrants for the preconference to be held. Preconferences are open to all registrants, participation is not juried or by invitation.
Preconferences may be half-day (8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. or 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.) or full-day offerings. Please schedule an open hour for lunch for full-day preconferences; everyone is on their own for lunch. Full-day preconferences must finish no later than 5:00 p.m.
Accepted preconferences will be granted a single meeting room. Additional breakout rooms may be available once the program is scheduled, but are not guaranteed.
If you wish to use additional AV equipment (beyond a standard LCD projector), that request should be noted when you submit your proposal. We want preconferences to be a high-quality professional experience, however charges for AV can be expensive so please limit your request to essential equipment. A request is not a guarantee that the equipment will be made available. All costs are considered when fees are set.
Please review the ASA policies here.
If you have any questions about submitting a Course proposal, please contact ASA Meeting Services.