SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED.
All submissions for the 2018 program must be made via the online submission system. The online forms will guide you through the steps required to submit your proposal.
1. Log in with your ASA username and password on the ASA member portal
2. Under the header "Annual Meeting," click on the link "2018 Submissions"
Courses will be held on August 10, 2018, the day before the first full day of sessions at the Annual Meeting.
Topics and content should reflect the training sociologists seek (or need). This is a training experience, and thus a description of specific learning goals/objectives for the course and the material you will cover is required. Course leaders and instructors must be listed in the proposal and confirmed prior to submission to be included. ASA recommends a mixture of active learning, small groups, exercises, as well as lecture styles.
When making your submission, the following will be required:
- Abstract – Include the description of specific learning goals/objectives for the course and the material you will cover.
- Additional Information – Please indicate if you require AV equipment other than the standard LCD projector.
- Please provide a preliminary agenda for your course as an attached document.
- Session Leaders/Presenters – Please indicate session organizer, leader, co-leader, presenters, etc. All leaders/presenters must be confirmed before submission.
Typically, 10-20 people register for a course. You may expect a wide range of backgrounds. Attendees will pay a registration fee to register for a course. There must be a minimum of 10 pre-registrants for the course to be held.
Courses may be half-day (8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. or 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.) or full-day offerings. Please schedule an open hour for lunch for full-day courses; everyone is on their own for lunch. Full-day courses must finish no later than 5:00 p.m.
If you wish to use additional AV equipment (beyond a standard LCD projector), that request should be noted when you submit your proposal. We want courses to be a high-quality learning experience, however charges for AV can be expensive so please limit your request to essential equipment. A request is not a guarantee that the equipment will be made available. All costs are considered when course fees are set.
Course instructors will be reimbursed up to $250 per course for materials, copying, supplies, etc.
Please review the ASA policies here.
If you have any questions about submitting a Course proposal, please contact ASA Meeting Services.