The ASA provides two services for individuals or groups desiring to use meeting space at the Annual Meeting. ASA Council policies on the use of such space are outlined below. Because ASA Sections have been allotted program time, they are excluded from these provisions.
Groups wishing to meet in conjunction with the 2017 Annual Meeting may request space by sending an email to ASA Meeting Services by March 1, 2017. Rooms are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, one meeting per group. In the event that space exceeds demand, requests for a second meeting will be considered. Please Note: Space is very limited in Montreal; submit your meeting space request as early as possible.
Space requests are categorized as follows:
- Small groups sponsored by ASA members requesting space for the purpose of conducting meetings focused on a special aspect of sociology may request a meeting room from 6:30-8:15pm on the first or third evening (August 12 or August 14). The purpose of the meeting should be clearly stated in the request, along with an estimate of the size of the group expected.
- Those groups or organizations wishing to hold receptions, dinners, or other social gatherings should also submit requests for space by March 1, 2017. Space availability normally begins after 6:30pm on August 12 or 14, and after 8:00pm on August 13. Events requiring a change to the way a room is set will incur a $300 room reset fee. Events requiring a room reset may not begin until 7:30pm on August 12 or 14 to allow enough time to complete the reset.
ASA members may apply for a display table to display literature about related non-profit organizations or sociologically pertinent projects. Available space is assigned without charge on a first-come, first-served basis. ASA Sections are excluded from these provisions because two general display tables are automatically provided for section use.
There are no general storage facilities beyond the space beneath each table, so each party is solely responsible for the security of its display materials. Policies on use of table space are that (1) nothing may be sold and (2) nothing of an offensive nature may be displayed. Display tables will be located in the exhbit hall. Download a Display Table Request Form.
Requests for meeting space and/or table space must be received no later than March 1, 2017.
All request fo meeting space should identify the following:
- the nature of the meeting
- the number of people expected to attend
- desired room setup or other physical space needs - NOTE: All events requiring change to the set up of a room will incur a $300 room reset fee.
- the scheduling preference of the group within the parameters given above.
Send space requests to: ASA Meeting Services at email@example.com
Confirmation of Meeting Space
Groups requesting meeting space will receive notification regarding the request no earlier than May 1, 2017.